In-Home Alcohol Testing
- In-home breath alcohol testing systems offered by ABK Tracking enable corrections agencies to monitor an offender’s breath alcohol levels remotely, rather than requiring an on-site test. Additionally, the systems verify the offender’s location and identity at the time of testing.
How Breath Alcohol Tests Work
- Breath alcohol testers (BATs) depend on the blood alcohol to breath alcohol ratio. This ratio describes the relationship between the alcohol content of the breath and the alcohol content of blood at any given time.
- To obtain an accurate reading of a person’s alcohol content with breath alcohol testers, one must sample a person’s deep lung air. If deep lung air is not exhaled into the device, the sample breath could be diluted with a lower alcohol concentration. Instruments usually require a person to blow for a minimum amount of time to ensure the air is captured from the deep lungs.
- The alcohol found in alcoholic beverages is ethyl alcohol, also known as ethanol. Breath alcohol levels are tested using a fuel cell. Each end of the fuel cell has two platinum electrodes that are connected with a wire. When a breath sample is introduced to the fuel cell, the platinum causes a chemical reaction that generates an electrical-current. The current passes from one end of the fuel cell to the other. A voltage meter measures the strength of the current, the higher the current, the more alcohol in the breath.
In-home Breath Alcohol Systems from ABK Tracking
- ABK Tracking offers the MEMS 3000 systems. MEMS3000 is a highly efficient monitoring unit, integrating breath alcohol testing (BAT), facial recognition and radio frequency (RF) presence monitoring into a single home unit. MEMS3000 allows law enforcement agencies to monitor offenders’ breath alcohol levels remotely, as an independent measure, or in combination with a restrictive home detention schedule. Breath alcohol testing is accurate to within +/- .005% of actual blood alcohol levels and is accepted as reliable, court admissible evidence. Law enforcement and corrections agencies often prefer visual verification technology over voice verification systems because of the increased difficulty of circumvention.
- Photo ID camera module makes identification of the user easy
Advantages of in-home alcohol testing systems from ABK Tracking include:
- In-home testing of individuals who may not have convenient access to a central testing facility.
- A proven alcohol testing methodology that yields court admissible evidence.
- Facial Recognition for Identity verification
- Scheduled, random or on-demand tests with automatic re-testing
- Color picture for clearer identity verification
- Shorter test price Cost effective
- Simple to use
- Efficient reporting to remote locations via e-mail or fax